Wednesday, December 03, 2008

blessing or a curse?

I am one of those people that can remember their dreams. I also dream in colors and the dreams are very vivid. This quality has made for some very strange nights and mornings in what I affectionately call "The Dugout". I call it that because my apartment is kind of half buried-half not so there are 4 steps leading down to my front door, much like a baseball dugout. Sometimes I come out of there taking practice swings and imagine the PA announcer calling out "Now batting for the New York Yankees......number 41.......SSSSSS.....VINCENT.....number 41" (bob shepard always says the number of the player twice, before and after the name)

But I digress......

I don't dream often and I forget most of my dreams in about a week or so, but when I wake up in the morning I remember it all for the good portion of the next day. I have a suspicion that the feelings of Deja Vu I get come from the intricate details of these dreams. I remember the main crazy and exciting parts of these dreams, but I know there are finer parts of these dreams that I do not remember that are more logical and sequential, and that they fortell the future. Its kind of like 2 dreams in one. Unbelievable things that cannot happen mixed seamlessly with things that can and most likely will, occur in the future. I truly believe that.

Last nights dream: I was trapped in the upper floors of an abandoned psychiatric center, no guards or locks, just locked in a state of mental patalyzation (movies use this all the time). It was a very sunny and crisp NY summer day. A second "me" was hiding out in the forest and this me could see through the eyes of the trapped me, but could not control the actions of the trapped me. For the first "me" to escape the psychiatric center, the plan was to get a set of really really long headphones from the forest outside to the mentally paralyzed me inside.

My delivery system to get those headphones to the upper floors? My ability to communicate with the small animals of the forest in which I lived. Rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, racoons, and possums. Between me and my animal friends was a guard dressed in a park ranger uniform and very very large mirrored aviators and a "Dirty Harry" .44 magnum handgun with a particularly disturbing hatrid for said cute furry creatures.

The name of the guard? Winona Ryder......I shit you not.

The dream ended as most of them do, with no solution to the problem at hand. Just Winona turning squirrels and raccoons into clouds of bloody dust one by one with her oversized weaponry with a steely smile on her face as they feebly attempt to drag a set of earbuds across a field.

Try that crazy on for size.........To compliment this crazy post, I am using vintage Smiths for SV-TV. Its kind of like a wine pairing.........only for the poor, insane, un-civilized, and not hungry.

2 comments:

Alex said...

I told you your acid and Heathers habit would catch up with you.

Leah said...

If I had a band and people listened to us, I would use that dream as inspiration for a music video.

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder