Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I got a yule log for you

Its that time of year again, and its always the same. Lots of people summing up the courage to go out there and face the "music" (ha, pun). This year I have decided to send out some christmas cards which isn't something I usually do, but I feel obligated to now. I won't go too deep into it, but basically its come to point now where if I died, I don't think anyone would care due to my lack of respect for others. It's also been over a year now since I started writing this blog. Its feels justs like yesterday which is a sad sign that I am losing track of how long I have been pathetic.

I never understand decorating the house for the holidays. It's like people don't have enough to worry aobut that they need to spend one of the precious 52 weekends we have a year to deck their house out. However, if thats your thing, go for it, I say. What I really don't get is the people who throw the lights on the outside trees all haphazzardly, or like one string of lights around the door. It looks like crap, and it draws attention to the fact that it looks like crap cause its electrictrified crap. Do it right or don't do it at all I say. Plus, what's with the colors these days? The christmas colors are red, green, or white. I'll allow blue for the Anti-Jesus peeps out there, but thats it. No purples or yellows or pinks or goldenrods or fuscias or whatever. Get with the program; its not rainbow day, it's jesus day, and according to most of the boy touching priests out there; Jesus is Anti-Rainbow, or whatever I guess. There is actually a site dedicated to bad lighting jobs, http://www.uglychristmaslights.com/.

How do manatees get so fat if all they eat is seaweed?

I've thought a lot about it, and the only cool job that doesn't exist yet is where you can get paid to sleep. Not like a sleep experiment, cause that doesn't last, I'm talking about a sleeping career. You can get paid to eat, have sex, play video games, shop, listen to music, watch TV, etc etc etc, but I can't think of any job in which you can get paid to catch Z's. If you know of one, let me know.

Rocky Balboa comes out in theatres today, and critics have been saying its pretty good. They also said that about the Yankees playoffs performance this year. I'm still going to see it tonight, but I hope they didn't jinx it.

I spend a lot of time in New York City. I love it, you get to see so many people for everything that you do. I feel rather comfortable there, but one thing I noticed is that in no where else in the world can you feel so hopelessly mediocre. You are never going to be the richest, or the best looking, or the craziest, or the strongest, or the poorest, or the dirtiest, or whatever there. Its a place where everyone is the same. It actually makes you feel hopeless and accepted all at the same time. Thats why New Yorkers are so loud brash and arrogant, anything to make a noise and do something other than just "be".

You've seen it, but I still love it

This post written while listening to: Jack Johnson "In Between Dreams"

No comments:

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder