Wednesday, April 05, 2006

"Uhhhhh.....Should I come back another time?"

Part of the joys of being in a family business is the freedom and the comfortableness with just being you. I have all the sick days I need, dress as I choose, can be as late as I want, and take off when I want. Not that I do because you feel responsible, but it's nice to know it is there. Now I don't get paid much for it, but I make my money in the little stuff. I am a very rich man, its just not reflected in my checkbook. So that means I'll never get a girlfriend, but so what. I can live off the following stories that I share with you, constant reader:

Anyway, I had the uniforms for the team arrive today. I had to try them on because the sizes from effin JL are never the same ever. It's the most inconsistent company ever. The only reason I continue to use them is because they already have all the teams embroiderary designs so the set-up time and charges is less than switching to a new company. Plus, they love me so I felt obligated to stay.

BLAH BLAH BLAH......so I am trying a medium on to make sure its not too small and out of nowhere I hear a "uhhhhh.....should I come back another time?" Whoops!, someone caught me at my desk,.......with my shirt off.......again. No one ever comes into the office besides employees. However, I was ready with the witty response: "You could, but I'm not going to promise to have my shirt off then" Some people don't know how to take a joke. Oh well, one less customer is one less problem.

I saw the Doublemint commercial for their mints. It's a blatent copy of the Pizza Hut ad a few months ago that used the same premise of "Twins that are not twins at all". Like a Fat White guy and a little Latin woman and dressing them in the same clothes. The point of mentioning this is that I think mints are on the way out and have been for like 4 years now. Mints had a brief re-surfacing when Altoids hit big back in 1996, but mints are never as good as gum. Why would you buy mints when you could buy gum? I can't see where the market expansion in the mint department could expand.

Hi my name is S.Vincent, and I have a Man-Bag. One of the many hits I am willing to take to my masculinity in order to have all my stuff. I hate having stuff in my pockets, but I like to have my stuff at all times. ALL of it. Nothing annoys me more than needing something and not having it, and knowing that it is within my ability to have it. Anyway, I figure you would love to know all the things that I can not do without. It's a large list, but here it goes; Large nalgene bottle, Crew Folder, workout journal, legal pad for blog ideas and reminders, vitamin case, winter hat, sunglasses in a hard case, Old Spice Red Zone spray, 2 doses of allergy medicine, chap-stick, Orbit Gum (always), Compass (you won't believe how many times I have needed it) , mini-swiss army knife (for those extremely handy little scissors), 1 dollar in quarters, heart rate monitor, ancient cell phone, hand sanitizer(unscented), Ipod nano with 2 sets of headphones, 3 pens, digital camera, and my wallet.

Optional items that are often in my bag, but not neccesarily include: A peice of fresh fruit, a Cliff Bar, a T-Shirt, and of course, a second pair of sunglasses.

Wow, this blog is at an all time low. That was, like, the worst topic ever! I spent too much time creating it, so I won't erase it, but just pretend its not there and it never happened. I feel like David Letterman when he reads his top 10 lists these days. They are so awful he reads them quick just to get them over with, but he has to do it cause they've been doing it for 15 years and can't stop now. The fact is, the quality of those lists took a nose dive about 7 years ago. You can hear Dave seething as he reads them.

Why doesn't Wendy's serve breakfast? I bet they would do awesome at breakfast. Are they too trapped in the Late Show continuem of doing something stupid just because they feel they have to for traditions sake?

I hate myself for this blog, pretend you don't know me, we never talked

Written while Listening to: U2 "Under a Blood Red Sky"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i always pretend that i dont know you. and dont lie you walk around that little office where you "work" all the time with your shirt off. you sick mother effer.

Craig said...

Maybe I laughed more about the stiff you carry in your man bag rather than the notepad itself. I might start to keep a little one in my back pocket.

Anonymous said...

YOU forgot your brain. Or, maybe, you dont posses of one.

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder