Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Apocolypse: Now

It was a scorcher for Fathers Day here in the Hudson Valley. That means work on Monday is kill yourself day for me. I can't quite explain what it's like; the only thing I could compare it to would be an emergency room during the apocolypse. You can't prepare for it like a pizza place for a super bowl; because you have no idea when the first really hot day of the year is going to be. Anyway, the procedure for these kind of days is "Never let them see you cry". This is South Clinton St. creedo for both the prostitutes and the heating and cooling company. It means you treat everything as no big deal and let them scream at you while you calmly yes and ok them until their brain hemorhages with senior citizen rage. Some people take their AC way too seriously and they usually don't understand that A) you're the 500th person that has called for service today B) We only have 3 people to fix AC and at average1 hour per call, thats a 24 call limit, if we are lucky C) you're not going to die. Anyway, there is only two ways I have fun in this job: I can either have fun helping people who really appreciate help, or I can power trip on you by refusing to give service to someone watch you squirm for disrespecting me. It's up to you as you can see, either way I'm getting paid and going to have a good time.

I find it a little weird that wherever the Yankees go, the Yankees suck chant follows. Started in Boston (obviously) other teams have picked it up and use it. What I don't get, is that the opposing fans don't get that YANKEES FANS LOVE IT. Why are they always in your heads? Do you go to sleep thinking about them too? Do you prey to God about smiting the Yankees before the health of your Grandparents? It's weird. Seriously, all it shows is that the opposing fans are insecure about themselves and would rather make a weak attempt to taunt us, rather than focus on their own team. If they really want to disturb the Yankees, pretend they don't bother you. Little inside tip: attention is fun and enjoyable and whether it's good attention or bad attention, it is motivational. I think this chant is started by the band wagon/casual fans of teams (even in Boston) so I think the die-hards understood my point before I made it. It's still weird though. (Tonight: the philthy philly phans started it in the 5th inning when the phillies had the lead, now the yankees have a 2-run lead in the bottom of the 8th, who sucks?)

I recently acquired a sweet computer for The Dugout, as I like to call it. Its way nicer than I could afford and I have to give some big ups to my mom and her job perks for acquiring it for me. If I ever get published, I will acknowledge her and her boss in the book. Hopefully this means more blogs, but it probably doesn't. It certainly means more nudey pics and Fantasy Baseball.

Under the headline of "Who Hired this Guy?"; The recent TV advertising campaign for Kentucky Fried Chicken, uses the background music of Leonard Skynard's "Sweet Home Alabama" Did they think no one would notice it and just like it for its appropriate southern country twang?

3 comments:

Alex said...

You all may like the chant, but do you like getting tossed around by the suck-ass Nats all weekend? I'd guess not. Bi-atch.

As for the AC people I say fuck 'em. Give them one of those "They'll be there between 8am and 11pm" things if they bitch. Chances are that they're fatasses anyway so sweating off a few pounds will do them good.

Craig said...

We had the american heating and cooling guy come by today. Just thought you should know.

S.Vincent said...

hahaha, that is what I do. No one seems to understand that "I don't have AC" is not a cut and dry appointment. It's like going to into the emergency room with "a bad headache". That could require extra strength asprin, or it could be brain cancer.

and craig should now that little girls in skirts who aren't potty trained call American H/C

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder