Friday, November 28, 2008

Miley Cyrus is a faker.

One of the benefits of having a blog read by a handful of peeps is that I can say things like that and not get a comment box full of hateful responses. I don't know how the more popular bloggers go to sleep at night with all those people saying all those mean things. But she lip synched on the "Bolt" Thanksgiving Float in the Macy's Parade. Go ahead Billy Ray, put up your dukes, I'll make you wish you still had a mullet to protect your neck from my fists of artistic justice.

I spent Thanksgiving down in NYC which started with me missing my train by about 3.5 steps after running a good 1/2 mile at a full sprint from my parking spot. Thanks for that city of PoVegas! Missing my train by that close has never happened to me before and its the only time I've ever wished that it was 1894. If it was, I could have just hopped on the caboose! Plus, I could use the word caboose and no one would give me that head tilted stare which conveys "you're a little old for laughing at slang terms for the word 'butt'".

The subways were packed despite a terrorist threat that they would be attacked. Everyone pretty much decided that chemical warfare would be much better to die from than a $2.50 initial fee then $2.00 a mile cab charge. I also happened to be trying to make my way to a gym downtown when the parade let out near by. From a a distance the entrance to the subway looked like meat being fed into a sausage grinder with all the people pressing themselves down the tube. I had a metro card already so I gingerly passed by the tourists. The fun thing about tourists in the subway is how scared they are of it and of "THE YELLOW TILES". This is a 3 foot section of yellow rubberized matting near the end of the platform that ensures proper footing getting on and off the train. However, if you are a tourist it means that you will be decapitated, electrocuted or perhaps sodomized if you step on it. At least, thats the way every tourist acts when they see it. I use it to cut in front of idiots and get a spot on the train.

The gym was empty, dark, and perfect. No douchebags, no girls, no cardio theatre, and no useless machines. There was, however, plenty of loud techno music. Which I can handle in a workout setting because at least its the same over and over. No Jim Croce or Jonas Brothers or Beyonce while I'm trying to focus on not dislocating my hip joints underneath a squat bar. The day rate was 20 dollars, which was very pricey, but at least I had an excellent workout and didn't get any hair gel residue on my...anything.

I have a love/hate relationship with holidays. I like them because they are fun and easy, but I hate them because they throw such a monkey wrench into my daily "lets stay in shape, perform well athletically, and not get fat" pursuit. Over the course of 3 days, I got 3 workouts in where as I usually get 6. Add to the fact that I ate more than I usually do, and now all you have is a stressed out mindset where you feel like you climbed up 50 feet of rope only to slide back down 25. Plus, now I got rope burn on my hands making it more difficult to climb up again. Was the slide down exhilirating and fun even though it burned a little? sure it was, but all I can think about is how much more rope I have to climb. This endless rope that goes into a cloud I can't see through, but know that I need be.

SV-TV: The videos from this "Purple" album are what drew me to STP. I miss the randomness of the grunge rock era. They were so amatuer and original. I think bands should go find the big youtube artists and hire them to come up with their videos. They seem to be the only authentic video artists left.

1 comment:

Leah said...

This is a response to what you posted on my blog:

I would love help with a meal plan. What I'm currently doing is eating super small portions, and making sure that what I do eat isn't fried or overly greasy. Basically I know nothing about eating healthy or exercising because I used to dance and could eat anything I wanted up until about this year without seeing any effects on my body.

My only requirements:
a)it has to be easy
b) it has to taste as much not like cardboard as is possible

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder