Friday, February 20, 2009

Goonies never say "Die"

First, I will acknowledge that it is uncool to blog about blogging. I have made an effort to stop that and although this is post is somewhat related to that bad habit, I think that the bad habit is blogging about your blogging instead of the act of blogging as a whole.

You lose audience members with self involved drivel. I believe this to be very true reading others crap and thusly have strived to remove it from my own blog, but it's hard to stay away when you are low on ideas.

The 20SB community helps with this issue, so long as you want to join in on their activities, they provide a wide variety of topics to take up internet space. However, their ideas frequently border on my perception of self in this crazy internet world. Not mixing words, the ideas are blog-writer centric, meaning people who enjoy being creative and outward and to some effect, shameless. People, who as a whole, look at all the oppertunities the internet can provide and they jump in with both feet. I respect their cunning, but I am decidedly more careful about how I jump in, what shoes I am wearing, and whether its being video taped or not.

I think that we are kind of like Goonies. Just a couple of people who don't mind taking something too far. Comfortable in their own skin and doing things that are important to them even if it isn't important to anyone else. My place in this movie is like Andy, the girl struggling between her need to be popular and her intrigue with Brand and his younger brothers co-horts. Disgusted with popular society, but not quite ready to dive in Goonie lifestyle.

This is because I have not fully removed myself from the "too cool for school" lifestyle. I look at many internet activity's as borderline "loser" "nerd" "creep". Not so much in how other bloggers do them, but that if I participated I would lack the skill to make it definitively not those things. I am not "arty" "expressive" or "unique" in a acceptable outward style. I wear jeans and t-shirts and drive a common model sedan with a 10 dollar haircut. It's like old people at young persons music concerts. Some old people can pull it off with style and grace, and some people are "who brought their Dad to the concert?". If I did these things, I would just ruin it for you and that would make me un-happy.

So I'll give you 20 bucks and I'll drop you off at the door. You can call me when you need to get picked up.

Recently, there was an oppertunity to Video Log (vlog) for a day under the topic of "Things you love". I was tempted, but ulitimately did not participate for those reasons mostly involving social fear. But if you want to know what I would have talked about if I did a Vlog, it would have been my iTunes/iPod. Which would be A)obvious and B) a little boring with a lack of visual aids.

I couldn't stand work without it and I just love the whole organization and layout of it all. I like collecting songs and albums and knowing how many times I have listened to certain things, and the album artwork too. I love making playlists and I like the radio stations and the podcasts and of course the iTunes store! Its like a big scrapbook that plays music!

So there you go internet fans, maybe in the future we can get S.Vincent over his fears, but for now he'll be standing near the concession stand trying not be noticed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

while your over at the concession stand would you mind grabbing me a hot dog and slush please?
thanks

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder