Thursday, August 23, 2007

S.Vincent Life Update

I read a lot of blogs; this you know. There are so many entertaining formats to read depending on the strength of the writer. Most people use their blog as their "what I did today/this week" log of events. If you are a consistent reader of YFYB, you know that my daily events include the same "not interesting to anyone but me" events. Wakeup, row, eat bland food, work, nap for an hour, lift weights/hate on people, row again, eat bland food, watch tv, sleep. Not exactly white knuckle excitement for you to read about. Most people have enough self delusion to think that a recording of their day would be a hit reality show, but I am quite positive that mine is not given that the few people who have had a backstage pass to the life of S.Vincent have walked away shaking their head in confusion, decideding that doodling large spirals on a legal pad would be a more exciting experience. So YFYB is written by me for people like me, who have a little time to kill and whose attention migrates towards the distraction from daily responsibilities rather than the focus on them. (Just like it says in the title!) Therefore, most of my posts are opinions/observations on what I see in daily wanderings around PoVegas or see on TV, not what I am actually doing.

.
However, sometimes I have interesting things happen to me, or should I say, the world does interesting things to me. For one, I have a new position to undertake this year, which is exciting. I am looking forward to a new approach to coaching, and am confident/happy to try something new. I am also coming up on the racing season for myself personally, and I hope to have a much more focused effort this year than last year. So far, this has been on target, and I just need to put enough hands in people faces once the school year starts and the schedule gets a little more hectic.
.
Fear not constant readers, who hung tough through last years September to November YFYB blackout period in which no posting got done, I am committed this time to getting posts about all the randomness that is S.Vincent squeezing his brain like a sponge and seeing what soapy thoughts land on the pavement.
.
A new vehicle will also be in the future. Eddie the Explorer is the automobile equivalent of a 45 year old Tara Reid. Lots of surgery is holding her togethor, and she can't go anywhere without guzzling 2 gallons of gasoline. I will miss him though, unlike Tara Reid. He is a big enough P.O.S that I never felt ashamed in keeping him unwashed, or punching him through red lights and rough terrain without thoughts of his safety, but to date, I have never had to worry much about him starting up or dying on me. I would park him in perrilous situations, and dared people to hit me. Tune ups were never much on my mind after a certain point either. Eddie was like an old pair of sneakers to me. In old sneakers, you never have to worry about going out in the rain, or stomping through some mud, sliding into 1st base, or kicking stones in old sneakers, and there is a easy security to knowing that. With so many things to watch over and maintain on a daily basis, it's nice to have something that requires no second thoughts as to the consequences. That was Eddie to me, I will miss him, but in order to keep him a positive memory, I have to send him on before he becomes a negative one.
.
So there you go sports fans, a little biographical update on whats going on lately. At this rate of change, I'll get back to you in 2010 when enough changes have happened to me to fill another 200 word post.
.
This post written while listening to: Stellastarr* "Harmonies for the Haunted"

No comments:

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder