Wednesday, December 14, 2005

have a holly jolly.....

It's coming.....and you can't ignore it. Even if there is something that you hate about the holidays, and we all do, there is something about them that everyone likes guaranteed. Time off from something you hate. I think this is the true spirit of Christmas. Its one of those major holidays that everyone recognizes; and what better way to celebrate than..."screw you guys, I'm goin home". Everyone give a shout out to hayzeus for giving you a break right when you need it. When it's cold and your family won't leave you alone, your job has all kinds of shitty decorations up, and everyone you see is wearing a sweater that look like vomit. Not to mention the songs that are on all the freakin time that you were sick of the minute they started playing them on October 1st. I can't think of any better way to celebrate than to sleep in for about a week and do nothing but get through the 2 hrs of family time you are responsible for and to soak in "paid time-off" Isn't that beautiful? Can you think of a better present than to sit there and get paid for it? Some companies even give Christmas bonuses; extra money to stay home! Not my company, but the thought of it makes me happy with the true spirit of christmas.

I think I may be getting sick. I'm not sure yet because I usually over-medicate at the first sign of feeling a bit off. Here's some of the evidence; my workouts are going like shit and the most telling....I'm not the least bit hungry. I would eat every waking moment of the day if I could, I could be violently throwing up and I still could go for a hamburger or a donut. So when I don't feel a hunger pang every 5 minutes, I know life isn't jazzy in margaritaville. We'll see I guess, could be just a 24 hour thing. Which leads me to one of new favorite medications. Alka-Seltzer, never really used it before, but it is a great product. Settles your stomach and has aspirin in it to releave pain. Tell your pharmacist I sent ya.

Seans Rotten Tomato: Marketing drones. Now we all hate telemarketers, excpet for me because I understand their plight, but there is breed out there which makes up about 50% of the population. These are the people who actually walk into offices to sell stuff. Now, if your energetic about what you are selling, I'll respect you. The answer is still no, but thanks for stepping up to the plate. I hate the ones who are persistent but have the personality of a peice of stale white toast. They have a tone to their voice which sounds like they are about to fall asleep on your feet and make no attempt whatsoever to conceal that they are reading from a script. That may be fine for over the phone with someone who doesn't speak english, but these are real live americans with clothes on and real jobs driving real cars in your building. These are supposed to be the super telemarketers and instead they make me feel sorry for them and their existence. Now, this is either a ploy to make me feel sorry for them (I do not feel sorry for anyone who has a paying job) or they hate their job so much that they don't care as long as they get paid. Either way, it makes me angry. Walk off a bridge and leave me alone for christs sake.

No comments:

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder