Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I didn't

I didn't vote. Not gonna vote. Don't care who the president is. If I did someday, it would be too late for me to change it. Cut bait and re-cast........

To tell you the truth, I am surprised at how the massive "go vote" campaign has picked up this year. I almost feel guilty about not doing something that is completely and utterly voluntary.

Way to go America! Free food in the middle of an economic crisis! Vehemently charged campaigns that has created even more pamphilet shovers, religious freaks, celebrity shouting, and internet material than any past election year! Shitty voting posts and systems are even more overloaded and are now sure to fail and have even longer lines and create even more hours of political coverage on TV.

Please feel free to vote. This isn't a "I have life figured out and you obviously don't" kind of post. This is a post because no one else is posting and putting up a little "go vote" post instead. (told you the go vote campaign is working) I just thought I would report on what I observed about this years voting cycle.

I observed that more joe-blo citizens feel connected to this election for some reason. What that reason is? I don't know because I don't care. Duh! notice the top line of this post. I am a simple man with simple needs and a simple "I do what I want" philosophy. Not surprising to most people who know me. I admire those of you who do what others can influence you to do. I do admire but I can't do it. I have never been built that way. I have a very selfish personality and you can look down on me if you choose. I won't mind even a little bit, because I don't use enough energy to spend on even thinking about it.

Am I dumb? Of course I am. I never pretend to be smart except in that I don't let my stupidity stress me out. If I don't care about something, its not just for show, I really don't care. Is this normal or healthy for a person? Of course not. But I bet if you really tore yourself apart, you'd find something exactly like "politicians" that you should care about, but don't. For some people its their family, their education, their environment, their health, their job, their friends, their finances, their love life, their lawn, their house, their car, their clothes, thier personality.

Tomorrow it will be over, except it won't. I will be here and so will you and you will hopefully be DOING something that you enjoy instead of talking about it. BEING something you wanted to be instead of thinking about it. If you're ticked/upset/disappointed with me. Is it because I hurt you? or is it because I didn't do the same thing as you did?

Plus I would have registered as a republican and no one who uses the internet wanted me to vote anyway ;)

Speaking of presidents.....

No comments:

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder