Thursday, November 06, 2008

The peer pressure cooker

This will be the last one I swear. I am amazed that I have been coaxed out this far, but the amount of content on the internet that I read that has to do with politics and the past election has consumed my pea brain for at least one more post. (more blogging is good right?) But I am losing patience veryyyyyy quickly.

When I started blogging wayyyy back in the 05 (sarcasim), it was a fun little community. It was new and fresh and full of wild and random content about people. I used to really enjoy reading about people and their lives and thoughts about the things centered around their daily lives, however crazy or stupid it was. This year with blogging at an all time high and the election in full swing, everybody got caught up in picking one or the other and I am a little bit more scared now then I used to be. What happened to everyone? I thought, especially bloggers, were saavy and could see beyond what was right in front of them. I am a little scared because people seem to have this "the good guys won, the bad guys lost" mentallity about the whole thing. Really? "The good guys and the bad guys"? What are we, 10 years old? I am a little scared because I am not sure if a country who thinks there are "good guys" and "bad guys" are mature enough yet to handle improving the country. That McCain wanted to help the country less than Obama. That by putting a man with a different color skin in the white house has anything to do with fixing their lives. I may be young, but I know that any improvements or gains in my life have had NOTHING to do with a president and EVERYTHING to do with the amount of time and effort I put into making myself happy. NOTHING to do with taxes or gas prices and everything to do with how I handle my current situation good or bad. I read some of this stuff in the blog-world and I think some people are over-hyping the power of the president and the significance of our time. He's not God and this isn't the salvation or the apocolypse. He will not save/or ruin your life. Only you can do that. (repitition from yesterday blahblahblahhh) Get a better job, go for a run, call a friend, hug your sibling, talk to a therapist, start a club, go back to school or go to a library.

I am sooooooo sick of the veiled/unveiled propoganda on the internet. Tell me about you, not some dude from chicago/arizona. PLEASE!

I watch "south park" casually, and I think those guys are disarmingly smart. They put a lot of what I am currently thinking into last nights episode. (it'll load, trust me) It was kinda scary in a funny way, even though it was just a joke at some of what the current hype has caused our society. Behind every joke there is a nugget of truth.

I am re-reading this post and man do I hate politics. So un-natural, so grim, so combative. I can't wait till things get back to their normal dysfunctional ways. What would we all have to blog about if everything was good anyway right?

2 comments:

amberance said...

I don't do politics either. Nobody listens to libertarians anyway.

I watched basketball last night like an idiot. My roommate was in his room, watching Southpark and apparently pissing himself from laughter. I must catch it tonight. Also, good turn around by those guys. They must have gotten that thing done in about 12 hours.

SaV said...

Politics suck...so glad the election is over...now we can move on to more important things...like tv, blogging, and shopping...

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder