Monday, October 13, 2008

Papa was a Rodeo, mama was a rock and roll band

I'm a sucker and I can be sold on just about anything. The only benefit to this ability is that I can turn it around and sell others onto just about anything so long as I am A)believe in the product B) like the person C) feeling bored and D) probably on mass amounts of caffiene.

Where have I been getting suckered into recently? My evil iTunes and hipster indie music addiction is well documented on this blog. God help me if I ever get into some form of gambling. I'll be an after school special on network TV saying things like "I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING BRETT, TRUST ME!! YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO QUIT........TOO LEGIT! TOO LEGIT 2 QUIT(sobs uncontrollably while doing MC Hammer hand signs)

Just so you know the Brett in that story is Brett Favre. I picture him in a 35 dollar t-shirt with an autographed pig skin tossing it back and forth between his own hands in a bribe to get me to promise to try to kick the habit. It's my after school special, I'll do what I want. Including getting Sarah Michelle Gellar out of retirement to be my vampire killing GF. Cause I love hot women and I hate vampires. 2 birds, one stone kids. Gonna teach you youngins about the dangers of addiction and of single purpose women.

Anyway, I stumbled onto this band called The Magnetic Fields because someone says they are good so I believe them and thus think that they are. Remember? we started off this e-mail by saying I am sucker. I picture them as 70% The National, 20% Talking Heads, and 10% Beach Boys. But because its not a popular band; that means its another amateur video day on YFYB

No comments:

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder