Wednesday, January 21, 2009

through the eyes of s.vincent

Didn't have anything super to write about today, so we're going with a little photo blog. The blogging headquarters and author in a series of snap shots.....
.














.
I call it my Edgar Allen Poe water bottle. In a certain stage of exhaustion at a certain time of day, I will zone out into the weaving gray. It's a very dark and moody water bottle, maybe I should just call it Robert Smith? The coffee cup is used for about 3 cups of green tea a day. And the orange is to remind you to eat plenty of fresh fruits, just like your favorite cartoon hero S.Vincent!
.











.
.
Wearing one of my favorite t-shirts. Number 1: One of the greatest bands of all time 2: It's black 3: fits great and is 100% cotton. I hate blends. Bonus points for identification left in the comment box
.














.
I am a compulsive page checker and will check sites that I like probably 15 times a day. Sometimes out of sheer hope that I missed something from when I checked it 5 minutes ago. Seriously, I click on the site, check my email, and then check back again. ESPN.com is one of these sites. Nice picture Lance. You look like Emporer Palpatine.














.
If I was to have some sort of obscure marketing logo for myself, it would have to include this fleece somehow. I wear it from September to June every single day. Again, its black, it's warm but breathes very well in warmer conditions. Has awesome pockets and sits high enough so that it doesnt get all tangled near my waist. I feel naked without it.......and sometimes I am.
















The tool of the trade. Rollerball mouse. I hate sliding my hand all over a desk. Blank keyboard for security purposes and all around geek points. Plus its metallic switches are like heaven to type with. So soothing on the senses. When the old ladies get cranky, when the co-workers start yelling, it's clicky clack noise calms me right down. Gets a little tricky with intricate passwords that come up as *'s on the screen, but otherwise 100% worth it. "Plus, its so choice. If you have the means, I highly suggest picking one up"
.


.
The doorway back out to the real world. I made the lettering for this door back in high school. You can see now that it is beginning to crack. Just like my old and tired brain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day Mr. S.Vincent, a jolly note in response to your latest blog-chautauqua.

If you are going to ask trivia questions for bonus points I suggest asking on more difficult subject matter... I feel many would find one of the most recognizable glyphs in rock and roll history easily identifiable (even if cropped to make said identification more difficult). Who would have guessed the creator of the wonderful artwork on your water bottle? That seems a question more worthy of bonus points. You can't just be throwing around bonus points...wheres your head? what could the blog powers-that-be [sr. beamer?] be thinking? "This could be the downfall of the entire blog point economy!"

Before I submit my answer, in hopes of scavenging any easy points, I'll close by urging you to use restraint in further willy-nilly point allocations.

I will be coding my answer in a manner of similar difficulty to your original posed question.

Zed Leppelin.

10 points!

S.Vincent said...

you are correct Mr. B.

I forget sometimes the magnitude of genius that may be lurking around the shallows of the internet. I did not assume a person of such skill, class, culture, and bad-assery would read this post, otherwise I would have put a much more difficult photo up.

But you understand that Ihave to cater to the needs of the semi-brain dead since they are my main consumer of this drivel. If most blogs are 4-5 star rated restaraunts, then YFYB is a compost heap of banana peels and moldy bread.

it's been a pleasure giving you 10 points for the right answer, plus an additional 2 points for sass

Su said...

"Heap of banana peals and mouldy bread" = very nutritive compared to the over-priced ugly looking stuff they serve on huge assymetrical plates in snooty tuck shops.

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder