Thursday, February 07, 2008

so there is a clue!

No album review today cause I spent most of it either yawning, crying, being disrespectful or trying to alleviate the sore muscles in my back.

.
I was up late watching Vertigo, when it occured to me that women with glasses are often portrayed as either psychotic, nerdy, weird, or shy/un-popular. Think about it, how many high powered female celebrities would be caught dead in spectacles of the prescription type? Name me a famous actress who wears glasses or has worn them in a film as a sex object. I guess I never really noticed this before because its not a rule thatall off-kilter women in movies and films wear glasses, but more so that no one portrayed as sexy, endearing, or powerful would be caught dead in them. So therefore, if you are a woman wearing glasses there must be something wrong with your brain more so then its ability to refract images correctly. This is not so for the male actors.
.
Weird huh? I guess that explains a lot about my bespectaled mother and sister though......

No comments:

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder