Friday, December 14, 2007

Storms a brewin'!


I meant to write this post yesterday. The Hudson Valley/Po-Vegas region was supposed to get pounded with snow and the much anticipated Mitchell Report involving the baseball steroid issue was going to come out. So there was a literal and figurative "storm" on the horizon.

We all know I love snow storms and more than the snowstorm, the people who freak out about the snow storms. This is a little confusing for anyone but me to understand, but when comes to inclimate weather I always think of one statement made by my co-worker regarding our office bathroom, which has a scary appearance to the untrained eye.

"Oh Man, don't go in there or your ASS WILL FALL OFF!"

Co-workers and guests discuss the bathroom with a mythical lore as though it was some kind of Rob Zombie come to life movie. You have to see him say it, cause thats what adds the extra funny to the statement, but I can never get it out of my head when it comes to over-exagerations regarding anything. The bathroom is very small, has a scary clown picture in it, is painted a weird color of blue, has cracked ugly vinyl tiles, and a pull chain light. But it is clean and the toilet flushes.

However, I went home early cause I will take any excuse to go home early. I still don't have a monitor at the home base, so this post didn't get done on time. I haven't really missed the monitor till that day when there was literally nothing I could do but take a nap and wash some dishes. All the gyms in the area closed early so I couldn't get my evening workout in. That always makes me antsy, so I ended up driving around actually. It kept the snow from building on my car and gave me something interesting to do. I drove past the movie theatre but there was only a handful of cars and I wasn't convinced that they were open.

How much of my christmas shopping have I done? Zero. Most disturbing is that unlike the past christmasses where I have procrastinated on this; I have no idea what to get anyone on my list. Suggestions of plain ol' awesome things under 150 bucks would be greatly appreciated.

I was looking at one of my new favorite internet obsessions and came up with a very appropriate lifestyle card for me and Grzy; My partner in human rights and society crimes.

This post written while listening to: Rogue Wave "Lake Michigan"

No comments:

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder