Tuesday, October 16, 2007

clear eyes, full hearts, CAN'T LOSE!


I have been storing up all kinds of good blog ideas for you guys, but since my brain has less substance than half a packet of instant oatmeal, I think this will be an underwhelming experience for you.
.
I will admit to being distracted from blogging regularly by NBC.com. They have sucked me into watching full episodes of the office and friday night lights while I work, instead of filling the internet with my stories of poop, homeless people, and personal despair. To that effect, I have been entranced by the free episode offerings and could not resist watching them while at work. I wonder how many jobs NBC will have terminated thanks to their gratuity?

.
It's officially Autumn as of yesterday, the temprature stayed under 60 degrees here for the whole day, and S.Vincent officially turned on his heat for the first time. Therefore, please break out your jackets, candy corn, and leaf rakes. Also, be advised that the leaf peepers will soon be all over the Hudson Valley, spending money on useless tours, and gushing over "the colors". They will also drive 10mph under the speed limit and be oblivious to any sort of real society, besides the society of douchebags. Congratulations leaf peepers, you're still not colorblind, now go back to your leaf-less towns before I turn you upside down in my garbage can.
.
Why does breast cancer get so much attention over the other cancers? Why do they get an official color and month? It's sexist! Whats the color for colon cancer and stomach cancer and testicle cancer and lung cancer? What month is leukemia month? Where can I donate to prostate cancer by buying yogurt? Just because they have a cute color and are sex symbols doesn't mean that they should get anymore attention then cancers common to men. Sure, maybe my colon isn't as attractive as your breasts, but having cancer in it will kill me just the same.
.
I tried to get into my house using the remote unlock for the car. I am not joking you. In fact, when it didn't work, I pushed it again. This is how tired I am.
.
I nearly killed myself and/or others 3 times in the past 3 days. Once in the car, once in my coaching launch, and then once in my single scull. I won't go into details cause they were scary, but stay away from me till I go a day without being 3 seconds away from death. I will let you know when the coast in clear.
.
The S.Vincent opinion on the Yankees in 45 seconds or less. 1) Alex Rodriguez is not necessary to keep. He may be an MVP, but he has proven unable to win championships by himself. Not surprisingly its still the best team wins the championship every year, not the best player. Evidenced by the past 100 world series winning teams. Therefore, although a fantastic player, he is worth only 1 million or 2 more than any other player in the league. If he is not available for that price, let him go where he chooses. Joe Torre can be let go, I don't think its a good idea to do so, but I also don't think its a bad idea to try out Joe Girardi, who is the best choice for the job by far. DUH, he was the manager of the year in 2006. Mattingly is not ready quite yet. Anyway, I go back and forth on Joe every 10 minutes, so don't ask me. There are 2 necessary people to bring back....Jorge and Mo. Jorge was the best catcher in the AL this season, and Mo has invaluable qualities to all the relievers in that bullpen as a coach and can still bring the heat as one of the few automatic closers in baseball.
Go Indians!
This post written while listening to: Smashing Pumpkins "That's the way (my love is)"

1 comment:

karla said...

Watching The Office is more important than anything else in the WHOLE WORLD. In fact, I'm going to go sit in front of my TV and stare at it til the next episode.

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder