Friday, July 18, 2008

The Darkest Knight

I'm excited, you're excited, he's excited, she's excited, and they're excited. It opens today and we all love those summer blockbusters. When it comes to a movie I really want to see no matter what, I tend to avoid reviews, previews and advertisements. It's so much more exciting that wayI like to go into these types of movies completely fresh and untainted by the over-indulgence and crushing weight of media marketing even though this movie would make 100 million with no advertising at all. They should save the money.
.

.
I always identified with the Joker. Jack Nicholson did a fantastic one in the 1989 original Batman. He was always over the top and who doesn't like a super villian that attempts to amuse and repulse at the same time? I am sure Heath Ledger will play a good one and I like the much more realistic look of a man who was disfigured by acid while commiting a burglary. There is also something much more disturbing and calculated about meeting anger with a smile then with a scowl. I have always adopted that priniciple myself.
.
Why is it that every town thinks that they are the ones with the craziest weather and that all their citizens are tough as nails for living there? I hate that tacky crap.
.
"well you know what they say, if you don't like the weather, just wait 15 minutes"
.
I have heard that phrase used in connection with every city in the United States. People need to get out more and realize how lame and unoriginal they are.

No comments:

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder