Monday, June 09, 2008

And I told you to be patient, and I told you to be kind

I know I am beating the old dead horse here with my 30th blog on this subject, but believe it or not I am upset with the current heat wave and its effect on my place of employ. More so, the people who call in and were not properly educated in how to act like human beings in modern society. I guess I should be numb to it by now, and in most cases I am, except on days like this. I believe it's because I pride myself in being a thoughtful, intelligent, and responsible person in how I treat others (cue friends guffawing) that I expect the same treatment back from them. Should I know better? Of course....but on days like a Monday after a heat wave, all I need is one or 2 people who have enough IQ points to understand what will happen when you call an AC repairman during a heat wave. So yeah, now I am all vented out and I can resume normal brain function.

I hated "footy?" pajamas. I don't understand the love affair some people had/have with them. I felt very very restricted and closed off from the world. For a young chap, they are a harbinger of claustrophobia. Hey, I got an idea, lets send our toddler to sleep wrapped up in a bag with only his head exposed and a zipper he can't operate yet. The only thing that could have made them worse is if they were handy and footy pajamas. Honestly, I don't understand the appeal. Socks, pants, and shirts don't work? You had to attach the socks to the pants and the pants to the shirt? Why? It makes no sense, and with every step, something would pull or bunch. Toddlers grow and inch per day, so the third time they use them, their gonads are destroyed due to the shoulders pulling up the crotch area . Plus when you are 4 and wet the bed, guess where all that pee collects? That's right: in your feet. So now you are walking around closed off from the entire world, tweaked out with claustrophobia and 2 liters of urine sloshing around your ankles. Fuck those footy pajamas!

Remember those books, "Scary Stories: To tell in the dark"? I used to love books and most importantly, the hideous illustrations. I wish I had a camp fire and about 10 - 7 year olds to tell those stories to and to make me s'mores. I could start and assembly line and probably get 2 s'mores a minute in my mouth. Plus they would worship me and my powers over their fears.

No comments:

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder