Monday, April 17, 2006

Hip Hop is not Easter Music

I always considered Easter one of those reluctant holidays. Maybe "The" reluctant holiday. I know when I was younger, I was always VERY reluctant to get in Easter Clothes. Some of the other reluctant days include Labor Day, Memorial Day, Presidents Day, Easter, Columbus Day, Arbor Day (waiiit, holiday for trees?). I like it, but I get into a non-holiday work groove and I don't really like to break out of it. I think we all know my feelings on temporary change. It seems like with all the other Non-Work type holidays that easter is just kind of jammed in there. It should be moved over next to fourth of July so we can have an end of the year session (Thank-XMas-NYE) and a middle of the year session (Memorial-Easter-Ind.Day-Labor Day). I just wish we could all agree on 4 complete weeks off per year in which we could celebrate all our holidays in. 2 in December and 2 in July. It just seems like the real holidays are never long enough and the cheesy ones are always too-long. We should change that.

I think other people feel this way too and maybe they just don't want to admit it. Mayyyyyybe not. There are a lot of religious people out there still, and I'm not in the mood to be crucified over a blog for saying that Easter is kind of a useless holiday. Lets drop it before Jesus rembers all the meat I had on the past number of Fridays and makes me more fat and useless than I already am.

Is it just me, or has the car industry taken us(the consumer) hostage? They and the banks offer all kinds of financing programs to get us into new cars and somehow pay them money for cars that we don't need. Everyone buys new now, and there are no cars on the road anymore more than 5 years old, and 5000 used cars for sale. Definitly smarter to buy a used car these days, and it seems like a tremendous waste pattern going on in the US. Whatever happened to buying a car and running her until she dies. Am I bitter because this is what I have to do? Ummmm, YES! (not the awesome Yankees Network, but a confirmation of the question) In the long run I know I am much better off financially, but that doesn't mean that I don't want a sweet new ride.

Isn't it the best thing ever when a package that you order online comes like 3 days earlier than expected? I nearly did a little office dance the other day because my much needed contacts came that way. When my online "Skank Apparel" store goes mainstream, I am going to send out e-mails to the customers that say at least one week for delivery when it is actually only going to be 3 days. I'll have the most return-skanks in all of online retail. Plus, it gives me the ability to screw up a little and still get the packages out on the expected delivery time.

Are people who move to New Jersey ashamed to get that yellow plate on their car? Isn't it bad enough that you have to LIVE in NJ, without having to advertise the fact? Its like walking out of the pharmacy with a sandwhich board that says: "I just picked up Herpes Medication"

This Post Written While listening to: Nine Inch Nails "With Teeth"

No comments:

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder