Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Spring cleaning

Well it's warmer in the lower Hudson Valley these days and that means we should be on our way to spring. Luke warm tempratures, yuppies with convertable tops down, bikers on their harleys and crotch-rockets, and college kids feeling justified in wearing the sandels they wore all winter anyway.

I thought now would be a good time to do some spring cleaning on my blog notebook with some of the ideas I left behind in the winter. Disappointed? Angry? Feeling Cheated? Well, call my supervisor. Oh waiiiiit......

I remember back in the day when I thought SUV's were going to be just a fad and they would look as silly to us in the future as an El Camino or a wood paneled station wagon. That was about 12 years ago. How am I doing on that prediction?

I think one of the most annoying things ever is when a pen doesn't work and you are in a rush to get something down on a peice of paper like a phone number or directions or something. You just keep making little circles trying to get it to start and you keep pressing on the tip harder and harder untill you scratch little circles into the paper. Or how about when it writes for half a stroke and then goes blank. I want to SCREAM.

If every area in the country has a different zip code, why do we need to write down cities and states? Stop jerking me around USPS.

I think hang gliding is the most under-rated scary dangerous sport around. It looks calm and peacefull like anyone can do it. But, it's like base jumping with a parachute that only works sometimes. How is this not banned? It is sooo dangerous when you think about it. I wonder what the stats are on people killed/seriously maimed from hang gliding over the number of attempts?

I love baseball on the radio. Its the perfect thing to listen to while you are working or driving on a long trip. You can go anywhere with the game. Even the grocery store. I'm listening to it right NOW. Isn't it great? How I suck you right into my moment? Or just suck.... You might think that John Sterling sucks, but I like his corney stuff. Sad stuff when Bob Sheppard didn't announce the opening day game. But I guess Yankees fans better get used to it, hes not going to be around forever.

Turbo Hot at Dunkin Donuts may bring the franchise back into the mainstream, if it is marketed better. I'm still pissed Krispy Kreme doesn't get it's act togethor and stop settling for delivery to gas stations.

New look for the blog, I like it a little better. Reminds me of warm pea soup in the winter time. Also notice the links on the right.------>

I got nothin else and I am drawing a major head blank right now because the Yankee game is ruining my creative thoughts. I'll give her another spin on Friday I hope.

This post written while listening to Athlete "Tourist"

No comments:

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder