Monday, July 16, 2007

Ridin' white-n-nerdy

I will now reveal more reasons as to why I am an even more of a loser than your standard internet blogger. (Ha, and you thought that being a Blogger was the basement of the "Loser Motel") I am going to tell you a story about my runners high that I got the other evening in candid detail.
.
Why would I do such a thing, you say? You already had such an incredibly small opinion of the 25 year old, single, unfourtunate looking, POS car driving, mustache wearing, Bear Grylls is my favorite show, man. There should only be reasons for him to attempt to increase his stature, not drive it further into the ground by revealing unfourtunate truths. One reason is that I have to hit rock bottom sometime. The other is that I haven't put up a post in a while, and mr quick part 4 still needs "tweaking"(that's a You've Got Mail reference, add possible sexual confusion to the list). The final is that I am going to be away this week so I figured I better feed "the beast" (constant readers) before it pees on my floor.
.
This is not a tale of blinding foot speed. I did not invoke the spirit of Mercury to burn the PoVegas asphalt with superhuman performance. I don't run often because I am not a "runner". I don't dislike it, but I have a rowing career that needs extensive work and thus takes up most of my training time. However, I like to move it move it and I can put togethor some decent times for someone who spends 2 nights a month on his feet instead of his ass. I enjoy the easy simplicity of it, I don't have to think about my catch, my lock on, my drive, or getting my body over. I just run and when I'm done, my legs hurt, I'm sweating, and my heart pumped some blood, so its always a good workout so long as I got from point A to point B sans injury.
.
This is a tale of coincidences. The happenstance of many things coming togethor for 4 mins of time. I had to run easier than usual because I have a big race coming up. All I wanted to do is work my heart and not tear down my legs, so I felt very strong and in control of my effort and hade enough oxygen going to my brain as to allow it to observe my surroundings. The weather was a perfect 80 degrees with medium humidity. "Only the Young" by Journey was on my iPod as I was near the very scenic Vassar College, deserted at this time of year. There was a young 4 point buck grazing the grass by the pond just as the red sun was setting and peeking through massive clumps of light gray clouds over the Adirondack Mountains . The buck stared at me and I met his eyes as I ran by. There was a one-ness with me and nature, and there was a one-ness with me and....me. It's flabergasting that a guy who spends all of his time working alone, rowing alone, and living alone would need more time with himself, but when you seek solitude as much as I do, you appreciate the few times you actually get them, much more. No man is an island, especially a man who spends as much time on the information super highway as I do, but for a 4 minutes it was just me, Steve Perry, the deer, and NOT the huge monkey of life on my back. I don't think I was taking any drugs, but I was near Vassar, so you never know what is in the air.
.
Now that this is out of the way, I can go back to playing Gears of War on my XBox, laughing at poop jokes, and not having a girlfriend. You know I'm not proud of it, but you also know you wish you could be so basic.
.
Gym Rule: Wow! its Back! Yipeeeee!!! Ha, I will try to come up with some more of these, but I think I over-extended myself last year and pretty much got it all down, but every once and a while I stumble on a particular occurence of bush league behavior. That said, there is no flailing allowed! Herking and jerking weights or yourself is distracting and foolish. I know that you are an intense dude/dudette and you need the others around you to see that you can deliver 110% and perhaps save babies from getting hit by cars, lift the universe, tackle a polar bear, or bend iron bars. But the truth is we all know you have no muscular coordination and are more concerned with percieved output than actual performance and fitness. Look around you, read a fitness magazine, or observe a real athlete and if they don't train like you; pretend for a second that you may have no clue as to what you are doing.
.
This post written while listening to: Interpol "Our Love to Admire"

1 comment:

Alex said...

You've been meme'd!

Check here to get the rules/story/figure out how to waste time filling out your next post: http://thebea.blogspot.com/2007/07/just-cant-wash-off-that-meme.html

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder