Thursday, May 25, 2006

Idiot: "Joe?, Joe who?" .......... Wise Ass: "Jo-MAMA!"

I love the out of nowhere your mama jokes. Yes, I re-live high school on a daily basis and let it effect my daily decision making process, and how I converse with other members of society. Like you don't!?

I would like to give some props to my boy at the LaFarge Barge Company. This is an all time first for me in my 15 years of rowing on the Hudson. He slowed way down when he saw me approach him in the opposite direction, so I spun quickly in order to get as much of my peice in before he would eventually pass me and his wake would cause me to stop. To my absolute astonishment: He stopped, waited for me to get ahead and then paced me down the length of the river so that his wake would not hit me.

The entire 35 min peice! I could not believe what was happening. Barges NEVER wait for rowers, they slow down slightly, but they never have the time to go only 6 miles in 30 mins. Rowers understand that the drivers have a job to do and they can't wait for us to piddle paddle stop piddle paddle again. Hudson River rowers have dealt with this as long as there have been barges and rowers, so you can understand my surprise to see such an outward gesture towards me.

When I hit the dock I gave him a big wave of thanks. I wish I could have done more to show my aprreciation, but my personal marching band has Thursdays off. I don't know if he saw me, but Mr. LaFarge Barge driver...this Bud is for you....you are a King amoungst insects.

This week I have been forced to encounter 3 things I absolutely HATE. So the newest edition of Seans Rotten Tomato has multiple subjects. Leading off is Graduation Ceremonies. I HATE them, 4-5 hours of sitting around for :10 secs worth of actual enjoyment. I swear to God if my parents didn't force me to go to both of mine, I would not have been within Nuclear Fallout range of either of them. I had to go to my sisters, but I was angry for all these kids that had to sit through this disaster of human culture. You spend 4 years EARNING a degree and then you have to wait 5 hours on a hot lawn in a stupid outfit like some kind of jack-ass initiation to feel honored to recieve a degree. Eff YOU, its MY diploma, give ME the effin thing I spent 4 years and 80 grand for and SPARE me the pompus BS. Imagine if you spent 80k on a new car and had to wait 5 hours out in the hot sun at the dealership while they told you and your family how good of a car you got. It's absolute BS and I refuse to listen otherwise. Give them what they deserve and lets get the eff on with life like normal people.

Second goes to morning radio. I just absolutely HATE that crap in the morning. I'm not the mood for inane jokes and loud stupid voices and 5 million commericals. Why doesn't ONE station play music? I am forced to listen to classical because they are the only ones who seem to understand that a music station plays EFFIN MUSIC!

Third goes to those goddamn Fanta Girls. Otherwise known as the "Fantana's" I hate everything about them, their soda, their attitudes and their god-awful song. I swear on a stack of bibles if I ever run into them I am going to rub their fake smiley faces with high-grit sandpaper until they are raw and then hold their heads in a mixture of saltwater and lemon juice. Ummm...yeah!

SportsCenter was especially good this morning. I love everything about that show, and the quality has remained consistent. Great catch phrases and references to movies that SC viewers know and love. Antonio McDyess proved his brain is a coil of wrapped up shoelaces and used the word "controversity" without blinking an eye. Full-time/long-time baseball geek Greg Maddux pulled a Paul O'Neill and went apeshit on a water cooler. I don't understand why more players don't do this more often. I LOVED when Paul O'Neill would do it. The coach for the U.S. Mens Soccer Team has one of the most painful sounding lisps I have ever heard. I have no idea how you can be a productive coach with that kind of a speech impediment. Maybe why the US is going to get slaughtered in the World Cup this year.


This Post written while listening to: The Chemical Brothers "Dig Your Own Hole"

No comments:

 

Free Web Counters
FriendFinder